Ruolo: Primo tecnologo
- Stanza: C-314
- Telefono: +39 051 639 8774
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm interested in the variability of the gamma-ray sky for years. My main field of research is statistical and machine learning analysis techniques for gamma-ray instruments in the field of time-domain and real-time astrophysics, background rejection techniques for both X- and gamma-ray instruments, simulation of detectors for X and gamma-ray space missions, data analysis of gamma-ray sources. I am coordinating the development of the AGILE Science Alert System for the detection of γ-ray transients. The speed of the pipeline has been crucial to the discovery of the variability of the Crab Nebula, for which the AGILE Team won the AAS Bruno Rossi prize 2012. I am coordinating the AGILE flare advocate team. I am responsible for the CTA/Science Alert Generation system, which performs the first real-time scientific analysis during the data acquisition. The system performs analysis on multiple time scales (from seconds to hours and must issue candidate science alerts within 20 seconds from the data taking. These challenging requirements must be fulfilled by managing trigger rates of tens of kHz from the arrays. I am the deputy software coordinator of the ASTRI Mini-Array and responsible for the on-site software to control, monitor and acquire data from the array of 9 Cherenkov telescopes. Participation in national and international programs: AGILE, CTA, ATHENA, COSI and ASTROGAM. I am the first author and co-author of over 150 publications in refereed international journals (Scopus h-index=44). Since 2015 I am the technical coordinator for INAF within the OpenPOWER Foundation. Since 2019, I am coordinating the Science Alert Generation system of CTA Observatory. SAG must be able to issue automated alerts on variable and transient astrophysical sources within 20 seconds. Since 2007, I am the Software Coordinator of AGILE Team coordinating the development of data reduction and analysis tools, payload health monitoring and scientific pipelines. I was part of the AGILE System Team during assembly, integration, verification, calibration, launch campaign and commissioning of the AGILE satellite. Development of Apps for mobile devices for outreach in astronomy.
2020-now - First Technologist - IASF/OAS Bologna
- Responsible of the CTA/Science Alert Generation, for the analysis in real-time of the data of the CTA Observatory and of the CTA/LST1 telescope.
- Deputy Software Coordinator of the ASTRI Mini-Array software system.
- Responsible of the on-site software system (SCADA) of the ASTRI Mini-Array.
- Interface Manager of the ASTRI Mini-Array system.
- Member of the CTA/INAF board for the CTA/ACADA work package.
- Co-responsible of WP5 of GRAWITA team
- Software Coordinator of the AGILE satellite team.
- Responsible of the GRAWITA Workgroup 5 for the coordination of high-energy satellites for the prompt and follow-up reaction of the GRAWITA team to LIGO/Virgo gravitational wave alerts.
- AGILE Flare Advocate team coordinator and gravitational wave follow-up team coordinator.
- Responsible of the validation activities of the ESA/ATHENA Observatory AREMBES project.
- Coordinator of the CTA Observatory Top Level Use Cases workgroup for the definition of the workflow, operations and functionalities of the CTA Observatory.
- Initiator and chair of the OpenPOWER for Physical Science Work Group, member of the OpenPOWER Foundation Technical Steering Committee and INAF technical coordinator.
- Co-responsible (with CNRS, France) of the payload Monte Carlo simulations of the ASTROGAM gamma-ray Observatory proposals for ESA M4, M5 and F Mission Programmes.
- Responsible of the Interface Control Document between CTA Data Analysis (DATA) and Array Control (ACTL) work-packages in strict collaboration with the CTA Project Office.
- Responsible for the CTA Observatory On-Site Analysis.
- Responsible of the AIV plan of the phase A/B1 of the UV instrument of the WSO Observatory.
- Lecturer on “Databases Management Systems” (SSD: ING-INF/05), University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Faculty of Engineering, Engineering of Enterprise Integration.
- Teacher assistant on “Information systems” (SSD: ING-INF/05), University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Faculty of Engineering, Engineering of Enterprise Integration.
As a member of the AGILE Team he shared with her colleagues the Bruno Rossi Prize of the American Astronomical Society in 2012. He awarded the ”National Academic Qualification as Associate Professor, Astronomy and Astrophysics - Professore Associato II Fascia” with ”Collegial and individual reviews: Excellent” in 2013.
2001-2005 - Research Fellow - CNR/TESRE
- Member of AGILE satellite system team.
- Responsible of the development of the AGILE Science Console.
Paper più recenti su ADS
(based on ORCID, see here how to claim missing papers)
- AGILE Gamma-Ray Detection of the Exceptional GRB 221009A, The Astrophysical Journal, 2023
- Observations of the Crab Nebula and Pulsar with the Large-sized Telescope Prototype of the Cherenkov Telescope Array, The Astrophysical Journal, 2023
- Sensitivity of the Cherenkov Telescope Array to spectral signatures of hadronic PeVatrons with application to Galactic Supernova Remnants, Astroparticle Physics, 2023
- The AGILE real-time analysis software system to detect short-transient events in the multi-messenger era, Astronomy and Computing, 2023
- The First AGILE Solar Flare Catalog, The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, 2023
- GRB 230402A: AGILE detection, GRB Coordinates Network, 2023
- GRB 230405B: AGILE detection, GRB Coordinates Network, 2023
- AGILE detection of the gamma-ray source AGL J1626-3528, The Astronomer's Telegram, 2023
- The Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit: a consolidated design for the system requirement review of the preliminary definition phase, Experimental Astronomy, 2023
- GRB 230410B: AGILE detection of a burst, GRB Coordinates Network, 2023
Contributi a questo sito
- ASTRI [20/02/2021]
- Sperimentazione di calcolo parallelo ad alte prestazione con hardware IBM [10/02/2021]
- AGILE [12/07/2019]
- CTA [12/07/2019]
- Strumentazione e software [18/08/2018]